Tasty Sweet Potatoes Stuffed
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 75g baby leaf spinach
- small bunch dill, finely chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- For the tahini yogurt
- 60g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- 110g pomegranate seeds
- Wrap each potato in foil and put directly on the hot coals of a barbecue for 35-45 mins, depending on the size of the potatoes. Insert a skewer into each one to check that they’re cooked. (Alternatively, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put the foil-wrapped potatoes on a large baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 45 mins-1 hr or until the centre is soft. Once cooked, put under a hot grill for 3 mins until the skin is blackened and crispy.)
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and fry for 2-3 mins or until softened, then stir the chickpeas into the mixture. Gently warm through for 1 min or so, then add the spinach and leave to wilt. Add the dill.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest and remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste and stir into the chickpea mixture. Gently mash with a potato masher until the chickpeas are slightly crushed. Mix together the yogurt and tahini in another small bowl, and season to taste with salt.
- Split the potatoes open lengthways. Fill with the bean mixture, drizzle over the tahini yogurt and top with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
an ideal vegetarian option or make it vegan using a dairy-free yogurt alternative