Baked Egg in Tomato
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked White Long Grain Rice
- 2 tablespoons ready-made pesto
- 4 eggs
- Cut tops off tomatoes. Scoop out the centres and discard. Sprinkle with a little salt and place, cut-side down, on paper towel for 15 minutes to drain.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pack rice into tomatoes and top with the pesto. Use crumpled foil to make a nest for each tomato and place on a baking tray. Break an egg into each tomato, and bake with the tops for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve immediately seasoned with pepper.