Baked Eggplant Parmesan ( Vegetarian )
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Spray each side of slices with cooking spray. Coat with bread crumbs on both sides and place on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with cheese; bake 1 minute more or until cheese has softened.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.