- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked barley
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, drained
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Mix barley and vegetable broth into the saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer 45 to 50 minutes, until barley is tender.
- Stir white beans into the barley mixture. Continue cooking about 5 minutes, until beans are heated.