quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love and takes just minutes to make. I used Pillsbury pizza crust, cut in equal squares to make the bread. For my tree, I used the Pillsbury's artisan crust to make it a little more healthy. But you can also just use the regular pizza dough, or even homemade pizza dough.
You can also stuffed the little dough balls with cheese before forming the dough into the shape of a Christmas tree.
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain or Pillsbury® refrigerated regular pizza crust
- 4 oz, or half brick, cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced very fine
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil and rosemary
- 1 cup warmed marinara sauce for dipping
- Heat oven to 400°. Lay pizza dough on a work surface and stretch to a 10 x 15 inch size. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 36 equal squares. In a small bow, combine cream cheese and shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of the cheese mixture to each dough square. Make a ball with the dough, sealing the edges. Place on a cookie sheet in a Christmas tree form as shown in the photos above. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After removing pull-apart from the oven, brush with butter and sprinkle with chopped herbs. Serve pull apart with marinara sauce.