- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Line a 7 x 7 inch pan with parchment or waxed paper. In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat sugar and water gently, without boiling, until sugar has dissolved. Then, bring to a boil and cook until it reaches 240 degrees F/120 degrees C on a candy thermometer, or a little syrup dropped in a glass of cold water forms a soft ball.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in vanilla and coconut. Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan and level the surface with a knife or spatula. Tint the other half of the mixture by stirring in the food coloring. Pour the pink mixture on top of other layer, and level the surface. Press all down firmly with the back of a spoon and allow to harden. When firm, turn out of the pan, remove the paper and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Are you a candy coconut lover like I am ? Well then this is for you coconut lover 😀