- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup port, or other sweet red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Combine sugar, water, port (or wine), cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium nonreactive saucepan (see Note); bring to a boil. Add cherries and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cranberries; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until about half the cranberries pop, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in walnuts and orange zest. Let cool completely. (The marmalade will thicken as it cools.) Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Leave a Reply