Creamy Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes ( Vegetarian )
Spaghetti squash recipe with tomatoes in a cheesy sauce finished with Parmesan cheese and crunchy sunflower kernels
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 lb), halved, seeded
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 wedges light creamy Swiss spreadable cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained well
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Kernels, Roasted & Salted
- Place squash, cut sides down, in microwave-safe dish. Add 1/4 cup water and cover dish with plastic wrap. Microwave squash on HIGH 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add onion. Cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender; add remaining water, spreadable cheese, basil and salt. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Carefully remove squash strands with fork and place in skillet; stir to combine. Add drained tomatoes; toss to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese and sunflower kernels.