Egg Veggie Bites
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 c finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c finely chopped kale
- 1-2 t coconut oil or olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- . Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin with coconut or olive oil (you’ll want to grease them well but not excessively) and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat the coconut (or olive) oil and add the onions. Saute quickly until just fragrant, then add the peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just softened. Remove from heat and add the kale. Stir into the other veggies and allow the kale to wilt just slightly. (Remember, this will finish cooking in the oven, so be sure not to overcook to avoid mushy vegetables.)
- Combine the veggie mixture and quinoa in a large bowl and mix well. Add the eggs and stir gently to incorporate. Carefully fill the muffin tin with the egg & quinoa mixture and bake for about 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a rack – or directly into your mouth. Serve a few with a small piece of fruit, or just grab some as your heading out the door, and enjoy!