Oats Recipe for Diabetics
- 1/2 cup - rolled oats Handful of - moth beans, soaked overnight 1 - small Onion 1 - Red Chilli 1 spring - Curry leaves 2 tsp - oil 1 tsp - grated Coconut 2 tsp - grated Carrot 1 tsp - coriander leaves, chopped A pinch each - mustard, Cumin seeds and Turmeric 1/2 tsp - Ginger shredded 1 tbsp - Lemon juice
- Pressure cook moth beans with very little water and salt for 1 to 2 whistles
- Wash oats quickly and drain the water thoroughly and steam cook immediately for exactly 4 to 5 mins on a high flame
- Remove immediately and sprinkle some salt and 1 tsp oil, and mix lightly, to prevent the oats from becoming mushy
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, splutter mustard, cumin, onion, chilli and curry leaves and ginger, increase the flame to high, add the moth beans and cook till dry.
- Add the oats, turmeric and fry on a high flame for 2 mins, switch off the heat, add the lemon juice, carrot, coconut and coriander leaves, mix and serve.
- Recipe Courtesy: Indian Healthy Recipe