With Pecan Parmesan or Cranberries.
Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free
For the Salad & Dressing:
- 2 medium bunches Dino kale, finely chopped (8 cups chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 handfuls dried sweetened cranberries,
For the Pecan Parmesan:
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches fine grain sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove the stems from the kale, Chop the kale leaves as small as you can.
- Wash the kale and dry really good. Place dried kale into a large bowl.
- For the dressing: In a mini food processor, process the garlic until minced. Now add the lemon, oil, salt, and pepper and process until combined. Adjust to taste, if desired. Pour the dressing onto the kale and mix it into the kale with a spoons. Keep mixing for about a minute to ensure everything is coated.
- For the pecan parmesan : Rinse out the mini processor and dry. Add the pecans into the processor and process until the pecans are the size of raisin . Now add in the nutritional yeast, oil, and salt and process again until it's a coarse crumb. Be sure not to over-process - we want a nice crunchy texture , not a powder.
- Sprinkle the pecan Parmesan all over the salad. Toss on a handful or two of dried cranberries. Wrap and place in the fridge for 60 minutes to soften.
Note: Instead of a mini processor, you can chop/whisk the dressing and pecan Parmesan by hand.
Note: For a nut-free version, try using breadcrumbs instead of pecans.