Sweet Potato Bread
My family loves this Dessert Recipe... I love it because its Sugar-Free and Oil-Free. Served with sugar free ice cream on the side... Yum
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ((or 1/2 t cinnamon + 1/2 t nutmeg))
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 175 C. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or similar) with cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and slowly stir in the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.