Veggie Rice Egg
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 cup zucchini matchsticks
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 6 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir carrot and zucchini in the hot oil until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms. Cook and stir until carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and set vegetables aside.
- 2 Stir cooked rice, green onions, soy sauce, and black pepper in the same skillet until the rice is hot. In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt butter and gently fry eggs, turning once, until the yolks are still slightly runny but the egg whites are firm, about 3 minutes per egg.
- 3 To serve, divide hot cooked rice mixture between 3 serving bowls and top each bowl with 1/3 of the vegetable mixture and a fried egg.
Sweet red chili sauce on the side can be very tasty